2018 Community Fish Fry
Sunday, February 11 – 1:00pm to 4:00pm - First Prep Day
We will be breading over 500 lb of Fish for our two Fish Fry the first week of Lent. Please come and join in the FUN if you find yourself free.
Ash Wednesday is February 14 – 12:00pm to 7:00pm – First Fish Fry
We still need workers in many areas for all the Fish Fry… please consider volunteering!
1) Lunch shift, 11:00am to 2:30pm, Pop and water - 1 person needed
2) Door Greeter - need someone with outgoing personality to direct patrons as they come into building - needed for all shifts
3) Basket Raffle - need 2 workers for both shifts, 11:00am to 2:30pm, and 2:00pm to 5:30pm
4) General Clean Up, 7:00pm to 8:30pm
5) Our Biggest Need – DISHWASHER. Our dedicated Pierre and Carol who have been our EVENING dishwashers are unable to help this year so we are in need of 2-3 people to fill the void from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Please consider.
Any questions or to sign up call Gail Yanicko at 724-265-4839
If you find yourself free on any Prep or Fish Fry Day please come and join us even if you did not sign up - we will find a job for you to do. We are an amazingly FUN crowd - this is truly a Community Event. We would love to have you join us.
Donation Items Needed Weekly
- Cans of Soda - Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Coke , Diet Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Root Beer, Diet Root Beer, Mountain Dew, Iced Tea
- Bottled Water
- Paper towels & Dinner Napkins
- 12 oz bottles Franks Red Hot
- Regular and Decaf Coffee
- Hellman's Mayonnaise - Jars only
- Monetary Donations
Baked Good Wanted
Get Your Favorite Recipes out!!!! Baked Goods needed for every Fish Fry. Can be dropped off any Fish Fry day at St Victors Activity Hall after 9:00am.
Fish Fry Basket Raffle Donations Needed
- BRAND NEW items to fit the following basket themes: Steelers, Summer Fun, Movie Night, Fitness, Penguins, Women’s, Wine-Lover, Dog-Lover
- Monetary donations in any amount to help us shop for basket items
- Gift cards (any type or amount) and instant lottery tickets for our two most popular baskets!
Items are needed by February 8th so baskets can be assembled. Donations can be dropped off at any fish fry prep or event, or contact Contenta (724-444-4621 or email@example.com) to arrange a time for pick-up. Thank you!
***IMPORTANT NOTICE TO VOLUNTEERS***
- Fish Fry Volunteers on Ash Wednesday & Lenten Fridays - All volunteers who will be helping at the fish fry on Ash Wednesday & Lenten Fridays. If you are age 18+ of age, then must be compliant in the Diocese of Pittsburgh Safe Environment Database (Steps 1 thru 6). Please contact Amy Salera at 724-265-2070 x3 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need to make an appointment for help completing the information.
- Fish Fry PREP ONLY Volunteers - All volunteers helping on prep only days MUST be over the age of 18. Anyone under the age of 18 is NOT PERMITTED in the building or to help prep the food. Since children are not permitted on prep days, volunteers are not required to complete the database.