PA State Law Changes
Attention Volunteers: Safe Environment Database
Pennsylvania State Law
Since the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal, Pennsylvania created a Task Force on Child Protections. More than 20 pieces of legislation related to child abuse and protection were enacted by the state.
For many years, being compliant in the Safe Environment Database has been a requirement for all volunteers age 18 and over. It is very important we continue to make sure all volunteers are compliant by:
- completing the required documents
- attending the Protecting God’s Children Workshop
- obtaining the proper FBI clearance
- Fingerprints - for volunteers who lived in PA for less than 10 years
- Signing the Volunteer Request for Waiver Form - for volunteers who have lived in PA for 10+ years
Currently, all forms are available on the cart behind the choir pews, in the Narthex, on the parish website, and in the Rectory. If you have any questions, please contact Amy Salera by calling the rectory at 724-265-2070 or email [email protected] Otherwise, keep watch for more information in future bulletins.
Your cooperation in this matter is very important. Please remember if you volunteer in any way, even just one time, you must be compliant. This is Pennsylvania Law (Act 153). Thank you for your dedication to Saint Victor Parish!