20 May 2020
REOPENING OF THE PARISHES
Reopening the Mass Schedule
- Daily Mass will begin Tuesday, June 2, on the regular rotation. Usual precautions will be observed.
- DO NOT come to Mass sick. If you are sick, please stay home.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet, except for family members.
- Use hand sanitizer located throughout the church, especially prior to the reception of Holy Communion.
- Use a mask. The priest will not wear a mask.
- If you are older with pre-existing conditions, you are welcome to decide for yourself if you would like to attend.
- Sunday Masses WILL NOT RESUME until there are more precise recommendations from the Diocese AND we have enough time for implementation.
- The obligation to attend Sunday Mass REMAINS SUSPENDED until further notice.
*** Relax, there may be a few bumps. ***
The name of the new parish and the appointment of a pastor will be announced on June 7 & 8.
The times that are posted are the times you should be there. If 6 PM be there at 6 PM. If 7 PM be there at 7 PM.
- Tuesday, at TRC at 6 PM. Outside porch.
- Wednesday at STV at 7 PM with exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. Inside confessional, screened.
- Thursday at TRC at 6 PM. Outside porch
- Saturday at STV at 3 PM with exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. Inside confessional, screened.
Important Principles Regarding Special Celebrations
- We will be following the recommendations of the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
- We must have a functioning parish: new offices in place; merger completely finalized (toward the end of July); Diocesan COVID-19 recommendations completely implemented.
- Work with those involved; First Holy Communion parents, RCIA candidates, etc.
- Confirmation will be celebrated by a bishop.
- Two “seasons” Confirmations are celebrated, one in the Fall and the other in the Spring.
- There is a possibility of multiple parishes with a venue larger than Saint Victor Church or Transfiguration Church. Nothing is definitive.