PPC Meeting Minutes
February 5, 2020
Prayer – Led by Judi Damon
Presentation by Sharon Hachman of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, Parish Services Office
- Timeline concerning the merging of Transfiguration & Saint Victor parishes into a single parish and parishioner involvement
- Choosing a name for the parish – what has been our process to include the parishioners:
- Name submissions from parishioners.
- Top 15 names chosen by the PPC & Submitted to the Diocese
- Three names already taken (St Andrew, Corpus Christi, Divine Mercy).
- Our 12 returned from the Diocese for further discussion are then:
Our Lady of Lourdes Our Lady of the Lakes St. Hubert
St. Padre Pio St. Timothy Guardian Angels
St. Francis of Assisi St. Isadore St. Raphael the Archangel
St. Anne St. Dominic St. Gianna Molla
- It was noted that the ones highlighted had been requested by other groupings as well.
- An online survey has been created to get parishioner reaction to the 12 candidates. The survey ends 2/16/2020 and the next PPC meeting will be 2/18/2020 to discuss those results and submit five names to the Bishop.
- A parish assembly has been scheduled for 3/22/2010 to cover where we are and where we are headed in the process. Some of the information to be presented at this assembly include:
Framing the Vision
Welcoming to All People
2019 Statistics for the Grouping
Total Registration 4413
Mass Attendance Count 845
Mass Attendance Count Percentage 19%
Infant Baptisms 15
Baptism: Death Ratio 1:3
Our Shared Ministries
- How shall we celebrate the joining into one parish? Pig Roast was heard around the room from several sources.